Saturday, June 9, 2012

FAQs: I cannot abide otherkin. How the hell can you identify with people like that?


You mentioned being in the realms of otherkin once. I think you called it Hedgewalking, said that was the old term for it. I remember you saying something about fairies and unicorns, but you are always saying stuff about fairies and unicorns. I just have to tell you I cannot abide otherkin. Otherkin are escapists suffering a delusion. They are offensive and appropriating transgender and other important issues to get attention. Who the fuck do these people think they are? They are insane. You are insane if you identify with them. Those otherkin make me laugh. Their existence is a joke. You seem like a rational adult. Otherkin are usually young kids. I can see how a mixed up kid could think they were fairies but how does a grown woman think that? The world is going to hell, when people actually think they are fairies. Otherkin do not exist. Non-human identity is impossible. How can these people be this stupid? They are over dramatic, angsty losers who take D&D too seriously. How the hell can you identify with people like that?



I'm afraid you have misquoted me, due to somehow having misread something I wrote. Perhaps you have mixed up something I wrote, with something someone else wrote? Hedgewalking, yes, I am a Hedgewalker. Some people call it "Walking Through Dream Time" others say "Mediumship", still others call it "Channleing". In any case it means, communicatng with the spirit world, talking to beings who exist in realms outside of our own. Yes, Faeries (not fairies), Merfolk, and Unicorns are the beings I connect to most often. I have never heard of this "otherkin" before, so have no idea what it is, or what you are refering to. I'm sorry, but I can't identify with a group of people, if I have never even heard of them before. Please wait a few minutes while I head to Google and see if I can find out what you are talking about.

...   ...   ...
...   ...   ...
...   ...   ...


Okay, I'm back.

So, Google tells me that "Otherkin" are people who believe they were "mythical creatures" in a past life. I did a quick once over of several sites Google brought up and I do see quite a bit of it, does seem to be kids acting out cartoon characters and myths created in the last 20 to 40 years (such as Orcs and Drow); from the images I've found they seem to be not metaphysical spiritualists, but rather CosPlayers turned LifeActors. CosPlayers are people who dress up as their favorite characters, usualy out of Anime, comic books, or video games. LifeActors are people who take CosPlay to the extreme, and "become" their character, dressing and acting like said character 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Furries are a subculture of CosPlayers, they dressing as animals (usualy cats) instead of cartoon characters. Similar to CosPlayers are LARPers (Live Action Role Players) who dress up as game, TV show, book, or movie characters and than act out said characters. Dungeons and Dragons is often acted out as it is played, and many play D&D using LARPing methods. From what I am seeing (without having researched more than 20 minutes) it appears that Otherkin are another subculture of LARPers, these dressing as Faeries, Dragons, Vampires, WereWolves, etc

Most of what I am seeing indicates that Otherkin started out as a metaphysical movement, but was quickly adopted and embraced by hoards of fantasy prone teenagers. (I opened the first 130 sites, 10 each on the first 13 pages Google listed when I searched the word "otherkin".) My understanding is that Otherkin, the true type, are shamans who channel the energies of beings from other dimensions. True Otherkin are NOT running around dressed up as Elves, wearing pointy ears, brandishing swords, or howling at the full moon. True Otherkin do not see themselves as being actual dragons or Fae, but rather feel a kinship to dragons and Fae, some feeling that this may be a result of haveing been a dragon or Fae in a previous lifetime, others feeling that they once lived amoung dragons or Fae in a past life, and others feeling that they have a dragon or Fae as a spirit guide. In otherwords they feel kinship with these beings, but they do not believe that they ARE these beings, they know they are Human. Well, in this respect, yes, I can indeed by classified as "Otherkin", because I do have a close kinship with Faeries, Merfolk, and Unicorns, whom I do channel, I do use their energies in my spell work, and I do feel that I had a close connection with in a past lifetime, and that does make me an "Otherkin" by meaphysical deffanitions.

  Much of what Google shows me, is that the metaphysical or "True Otherkin" are a very small group whom are vastly overshadowed by the much larger "costumed" otherkin, who are, as you pointed out, young kids acting out fits of fantasy. Having grown up in a giant communial family which contained 64 children at the same time I was a child, I can safely say from experiance, that ALL children like to dress up and play act, and many are still doing it in their teens, but that they all grow out of it by the time they realize they have to dress and act normal in order to get a job that allows them to buy food and pay rent. My advice to you is: grow up and get over it. These kids are not bothering you, so there is no good reason for you to be bitching about them. Let them have they fun, dressing up and playing games, because the harsh realities of how shitty this world really is, will hit them soon enough and kill every last drop of happiness and joy they have, and then all their giggling, playful antics will be firmly swashed allowing you to live in your chosen dank, dreary world of hatred, bigotry, darkness and gloom.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: I welcome all email! That includes arrogant, bigoted, rude, ignorant, snide hate mail many uber religious folks enjoy sending my way.  However, be forewarned that by choosing to send me a letter, email, blog comment, FaceBook comments, or any other message from any other means, which falls into any category, you thereby relenquish all ownership rights and responsibilities concerning your letter(s) and comments(s). I will post any and all letters, both positive and negative, that I feel require or deserve a response. If you don't want the world knowing your troubles, knowing you are a hater, or knowing you are a bigoted jackass, please refrain from sending me mail, because if you get really bitchy, I'll go right ahead and use your real name too. Thank you and have a nice day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Starshine! Liked this post? Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: BloggerEtsyFaceBookGoogle+KeenMySpaceNaNoWriMoProBoardsScript FrenzySpoonflowerSquidooTwitterULC Ministers NetworkWordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!
~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka Empress EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Laughing Gnome Hollow's Traditional Gypsy Magic and Scottish Hoodoo Blog @ http://laughinggnomehollow.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log @ http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat @ http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day! ~ EelKat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can now get a FREE Kindle for your PC? Be sure to download your FREE Kindle directly from Amazon today. Don't have Windows PC? No worries! Amazon is also offering 100% FREE Kindles for: AndroidWindows Phone 7MaciPhone, and BlackBerry. And don't miss out on over 1.8 million Free eBooks from Amazon's Kindle Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment