Sunday, September 2, 2012

FAQs: How do you become a wiccan high priest as a solitare?


How do you become a wiccan high priest as a solitare?

This is a silly question. I'm sorry, I know you are probably hoping for some long words of wisdom here, but really, the very idea of being a solitary high priest is so utterly ridiculous that is just makes your lack on knowledge and immature age stand on it's head. Why do I say this, well, for starters it is clear you have no idea what a high priest is, or why you would need to become one.

It doesn't matter if you are Wiccan, Christian, Mormon, Muslim, Voodoo, or anything else that has a priesthood, the religion itself doesn't matter, because the word priest always means the same thing regardless of religion. A priest is a leader of a group of people. So in the case of Wicca, the only way you can ever call yourself a priest is if you lead a coven (a coven being described as a group of 3 or more members gathered together to worship a deity and lead by a priest or priestess).

A high priest, is the priest who leads the group, when you have a group large enough to require two or more priests. You will never see an actual REAL high priest in any group that has fewer than 12 members, whether it be a Wiccan coven, a Voodoo temple, or a Christian church. A group needs a high priest, when it gains so many members that a single priest is no longer able to handle the crowd on his own. Rarely do you ever see a group with 2 priests, usually there are three priest: the high priest (the priest who started the group) and the two assistant priests whom he ordained to help him run the group (coven, church, temple, whatever).

When you get to the point of having more priest than you can manage, say you have 2 priests in your group for ever 10 members, and now you have 50 members, meaning you also have 10 priests, than it become neccasary for other ranks, such as Pope, Cardinal, Bishop, Most High Priest, Grand High Priest, etc (though you won't need ranks like Pope and Cardinal, unless you suddenly find your group has several thousand members). In this case you would figure on a system along the lines of this:

1 Pope (also known as Prophets or Presidents) to rule the group (this would be the person who started the group, followed by his heir after he dies) after you gain about 1000 members, regardless of the other ranks.

1 Cardinal for every 10 Bishops

1 Bishop for every 10 Most High Priests

1 Most High Priest for every 10 Grand High Priests

1 Grand High Priest for every 10 High Priests

1 High Priest for every 10 Priests

1 Priest for every 10 members.

This is the basic system used by most covens, churches, synagogs, and temples regardless of the type of religion in question.

You wouldn't reach the rank of High Priest until you had nearlt 100 member attending your ritual services and here you are a solitary without any group and thinking you can become a high priest? You can see why I laugh at how utterly ridiculous your question is. I'm sorry but some one has been pulling your leg and telling you some tall tale fibs if they are parading around using the title of high priest without a congregation!

The only way you can be both a solitary and a high priest, is if you were the high priest of a group, but than left that group to become a wandering minister, and you take that ranking title with you.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what it was like to live with Autism?  
--------------------
I have Autism. For more of my life I rarely spoke and was considered "too crazy" to ever live a normal life. I communicated via writing instead of vocally. I did not attend school. Psychologists said I would never drive a car, never get a job, never go to college, never function as a meaningful member of society, never be able to take care of myself or live on my own. They said there was no hope for me, I would need full-time care my whole life. 
--------------------
My progression was long and slow and very hard. Things other people found easy to do (getting dressed, brushing teeth/hair, walking across the street, etc,) I found extremely confusing and hard to learn. I was prone to wandering off and getting lost (I still am). Driver's ed takes most people a few weeks to learn - it took me 5 years. 
--------------------
I determined to prove the doctors wrong, but it was far harder to do, than most people would imagine. I got my first job working at Macy's at age 30 (a very difficult job as I had to deal one on one with customers and I still at that point was not talking in a manner that could be understood by others). I got my GED at age 34. I got my driver's license at age 35. I started college at age 36. By age 37 I had become a Phi Theta Kappa Honor Student and I was finally able to speak to others in full spoken verbal conversation for the first time in my life. 
--------------------
Now you can find out what it's like Being an Adult with Autism
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Starshine! Liked this post? Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: BloggerEtsyFaceBookGoogle+KeenMySpaceNaNoWriMoProBoardsScript FrenzySpoonflowerSquidooTwitterULC Ministers NetworkWordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!
--------------------
~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: I welcome all email! That includes arrogant, bigoted, rude, ignorant, snide hate mail many uber religious folks enjoy sending my way.  However, be forewarned that by choosing to send me a letter, email, blog comment, FaceBook comments, or any other message from any other means, which falls into any category, you thereby relenquish all ownership rights and responsibilities concerning your letter(s) and comments(s). I will post any and all letters, both positive and negative, that I feel require or deserve a response. If you don't want the world knowing your troubles, knowing you are a hater, or knowing you are a bigoted jackass, please refrain from sending me mail, because if you get really bitchy, I'll go right ahead and use your real name too. Thank you and have a nice day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can now get a FREE Kindle for your PC? Be sure to download your FREE Kindle directly from Amazon today. Don't have Windows PC? No worries! Amazon is also offering 100% FREE Kindles for: AndroidWindows Phone 7MaciPhone, and BlackBerry. And don't miss out on over 1.8 million Free eBooks from Amazon's Kindle Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day!                             
--------------------
                                                                   ~ EelKat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment