Saturday, September 1, 2012

FAQs: why do people judge me for being a Wiccan?


why do people judge me for being a Wiccan?

You do not tell me who is judging you or how, so I can only give you a general answer.

In the case of local folks: kids at your school, people at your workplace, your family, neighbors, whatever - It doesn't matter what you are: black, white, red, brown, Christian, Wiccan, Voodoo, Mulsim, fat, thin, tall short, married, single...whatever it is, no matter what it is, there is going to be somebody out there who is going to judge you and hate you for it. Often the guy who hates you because you are Wiccan, would find a different reason to hate you if you were not Wiccan.  There are just people out there who do not like anything, because they are bitter bigots, who have a grudge with the world, hate their life and have to take it out on someone and you just happen to be the person nearest them when they let it all out, and thus they will go out of their way to find something to hate about you, no matter what you are, simply because they need to yell at someone.

Now, in responce to folks online who just randomly judge you on forums and message boards, well, it's the same thing. They don't know you from Adam, but they are just hell bent pissed off, everything has gone wrong for them this week and they are just going to take it out on the first person they run across online and that just happened to be you and you mentioned something about Wicca, which they probably know nothing about, but you mentioned it so they found a reason to judge you for it. In other words what you ran across was  nothing more than your average garden varity troll.

Now, it's also possible that you've actually run up against an actual Wiccan hating bigot, who just hates Wiccans. They do exist, and usually they are Christians who hate every religion (even other Christian ones!) that are not the religion they are part of. There's nothing you can do about folks like this, but keep right on doing whatever it is that a Wiccan does, and hope that by your good example they will learn that hey, maybe Wiccas aren't all that bad after all.

Now me, every one knows I don't like Wicca. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. And I'll tell you why too: because nearly every Wiccan I have run across (face to face in person) has been some twit floating around quoteing some TV show like Buffy or Charmed and expecting that anything they are doing or saying has anything to to with real Wicca. They are freaking nuts on a power trip who think if they wiggle their nose enough times they'll pop into the next room. They know absolutly not one thing about real Wicca and are giving the few real Wiccans out there who really are takeing their religion seriously a bad name. They are no differant than the jackasses who parade around sticking pins in Voodoo Dolls and "casting black magic Voodoo spells" on ex lovers! Now I'm not Wicca, but I am Voodoo, so I know what it is like to have twerps running around trashing my religion and making a mockery of it. Real Wiccans who take their religion seriously, I've got no problems with at all, but those stupid creeps acting out what they see on TV and passing it off as Wicca, well they just plain piss me off!




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what it was like to live with Autism?  
--------------------
I have Autism. For more of my life I rarely spoke and was considered "too crazy" to ever live a normal life. I communicated via writing instead of vocally. I did not attend school. Psychologists said I would never drive a car, never get a job, never go to college, never function as a meaningful member of society, never be able to take care of myself or live on my own. They said there was no hope for me, I would need full-time care my whole life. 
--------------------
My progression was long and slow and very hard. Things other people found easy to do (getting dressed, brushing teeth/hair, walking across the street, etc,) I found extremely confusing and hard to learn. I was prone to wandering off and getting lost (I still am). Driver's ed takes most people a few weeks to learn - it took me 5 years. 
--------------------
I determined to prove the doctors wrong, but it was far harder to do, than most people would imagine. I got my first job working at Macy's at age 30 (a very difficult job as I had to deal one on one with customers and I still at that point was not talking in a manner that could be understood by others). I got my GED at age 34. I got my driver's license at age 35. I started college at age 36. By age 37 I had become a Phi Theta Kappa Honor Student and I was finally able to speak to others in full spoken verbal conversation for the first time in my life. 
--------------------
Now you can find out what it's like Being an Adult with Autism
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Starshine! Liked this post? Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: BloggerEtsyFaceBookGoogle+KeenMySpaceNaNoWriMoProBoardsScript FrenzySpoonflowerSquidooTwitterULC Ministers NetworkWordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!
--------------------
~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: I welcome all email! That includes arrogant, bigoted, rude, ignorant, snide hate mail many uber religious folks enjoy sending my way.  However, be forewarned that by choosing to send me a letter, email, blog comment, FaceBook comments, or any other message from any other means, which falls into any category, you thereby relenquish all ownership rights and responsibilities concerning your letter(s) and comments(s). I will post any and all letters, both positive and negative, that I feel require or deserve a response. If you don't want the world knowing your troubles, knowing you are a hater, or knowing you are a bigoted jackass, please refrain from sending me mail, because if you get really bitchy, I'll go right ahead and use your real name too. Thank you and have a nice day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can now get a FREE Kindle for your PC? Be sure to download your FREE Kindle directly from Amazon today. Don't have Windows PC? No worries! Amazon is also offering 100% FREE Kindles for: AndroidWindows Phone 7MaciPhone, and BlackBerry. And don't miss out on over 1.8 million Free eBooks from Amazon's Kindle Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day!                             
--------------------
                                                                   ~ EelKat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment