Thursday, November 29, 2012

FAQs: Hi i'm having trouble i have a best friend that is wiccan i don't know if i can send her a christmas card and what do i get her and her husband for christmas any help would be appreciated thank you


Hi i'm having trouble i have a best friend that is wiccan i don't know if i can send her a christmas card and what do i get her and her husband for christmas any help would be appreciated thank you 

As a general rule, most Wiccans do not have an issue with being sent Christmas Cards from their Christian friends, so usually it is just fine to go ahead and send out the same card you sent out to the rest of your friends (considering most folks buy a pack of 25 identical cards, or have "family photo" cards made up). Some Wiccans, however do get highly offened at petty insignificant things, such as a Christian sending them a Christmas card as a way of saying you care about them. You say she's your best friend so you should have some idea of how touchy she is or is not on the subject of holidays.

If you think she might be offened, than you do have alternative courses you can take. First of being, to head out to a card store and find a card that has no mention of Christmas on it.  Be certain that it has no religous images on it, including Baby Jesus, Wise Men, Decorated Trees, Gifts, or Santa Claus. Look for images that show nature in winter time, for example a red cardinal on a snow covered branch or a pair of deer walking through a snow covered field or children building a snowman. Next make sure the greeting sayd either "Winter Blessings", "Happy Holidays", or "Seasons Greetings" and does not mention Christmas.  Or if she is the type of Wiccan who celebrates Yule than look for a card which has a "Happy Yule Tide" greeting on it. (Yule or Yuletide, is a Wiccan holiday, after all, and it is on December 21, just 4 days before Christmas).

As for gifts, how is her being Wiccan have anything to do with what type of gift you are to give? What does she like? Does she sew, than give her a a basket of fabric quarters. Does she read, than give her an Amazon gift card. Does she draw, than give her a set of Prismicolor pencils. I'm afraid I can not help you in the gift giving department, for that is the same regardless of religion. Some religions do put a ban on gift giving (Jehovah's Witness and Mennonites, for example) but Wicca is not one of them.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what it was like to live with Autism?  
--------------------
I have Autism. For more of my life I rarely spoke and was considered "too crazy" to ever live a normal life. I communicated via writing instead of vocally. I did not attend school. Psychologists said I would never drive a car, never get a job, never go to college, never function as a meaningful member of society, never be able to take care of myself or live on my own. They said there was no hope for me, I would need full-time care my whole life. 
--------------------
My progression was long and slow and very hard. Things other people found easy to do (getting dressed, brushing teeth/hair, walking across the street, etc,) I found extremely confusing and hard to learn. I was prone to wandering off and getting lost (I still am). Driver's ed takes most people a few weeks to learn - it took me 5 years. 
--------------------
I determined to prove the doctors wrong, but it was far harder to do, than most people would imagine. I got my first job working at Macy's at age 30 (a very difficult job as I had to deal one on one with customers and I still at that point was not talking in a manner that could be understood by others). I got my GED at age 34. I got my driver's license at age 35. I started college at age 36. By age 37 I had become a Phi Theta Kappa Honor Student and I was finally able to speak to others in full spoken verbal conversation for the first time in my life. 
--------------------
Now you can find out what it's like Being an Adult with Autism
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Starshine! Liked this post? Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: BloggerEtsyFaceBookGoogle+KeenMySpaceNaNoWriMoProBoardsScript FrenzySpoonflowerSquidooTwitterULC Ministers NetworkWordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!
--------------------
~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: I welcome all email! That includes arrogant, bigoted, rude, ignorant, snide hate mail many uber religious folks enjoy sending my way.  However, be forewarned that by choosing to send me a letter, email, blog comment, FaceBook comments, or any other message from any other means, which falls into any category, you thereby relenquish all ownership rights and responsibilities concerning your letter(s) and comments(s). I will post any and all letters, both positive and negative, that I feel require or deserve a response. If you don't want the world knowing your troubles, knowing you are a hater, or knowing you are a bigoted jackass, please refrain from sending me mail, because if you get really bitchy, I'll go right ahead and use your real name too. Thank you and have a nice day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can now get a FREE Kindle for your PC? Be sure to download your FREE Kindle directly from Amazon today. Don't have Windows PC? No worries! Amazon is also offering 100% FREE Kindles for: AndroidWindows Phone 7MaciPhone, and BlackBerry. And don't miss out on over 1.8 million Free eBooks from Amazon's Kindle Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day!                             
--------------------
                                                                   ~ EelKat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment