Wednesday, December 5, 2012

FAQs: How do you deal with harassing emails?

Was reading this thread about a guy being harassed via email for his religious beliefs. This guy had trouble being harassed via email for his religious beliefs. Asked for advice on what to do. Been there, done that, so told him not only what I would do, but what I actually did do... if you ever want to send an email harasser running with his tails between his legs, take some advice from an expert. :)

 Here is my response to his question on what to do:



This is why I specifically DO NOT respond to emails, messages, or any other PRIVATE form of communication. Due to my celebrity status I receive on average anywhere from 200 to 2,000 emails a day, no less than 20,000 each month. There are currently 139,000 unread emails in my inbox. It takes me 6 or 7 months or more to get around to answering each one, if I bothered to even read it to begin with.

Due to the circumstances that made me famous a large majority of the emails sent to me are hate-letters from "good upstanding Christians" telling me every reason under the sun, why they would like to see my evil self dead and how they'd just love to kill me themselves (the more threatening ones get forwarded to the police). I read these things and think "Nice Christians they turned out to be!"

Some of them have responded to my none responses, with farther emails of hate claiming that my lack of a reply was proof they were right. No, my lack of a reply is proof that it took me 6 months of reading everyone elses' emails before I reached your's on the list., and your endless daily emails bragging that you are right and I am wrong, simply tells me that you are an immature unemployed brat with way too much time on your hands and with nothing better to do than to disobey your peace loving god Jesus by being a troll trying to hurt people you don't like, even though he taught to love everyone.

But, fact remains when I do get around to reading the email, regardless of how many months have passed, I do in fact answer the email, but, not privately, no, I don't stoop to their levels of back handed sneakiness. I don't do what they do and talk sweet publicly online than trash talk in private messages.

I post none of my responses privately, I do not hit the reply button. Instead, I copy the whole email INCLUDING their user name, real name sent from, and their email address, past the whole thing into a blog post and post my reply PUBLICLY, and every post ends with my blog's automated signature which reads as follows:

========================

Good morning Starshine! Liked this post?

FYI: I welcome all email! That includes arrogant, bigoted, rude, ignorant, snide hate mail many uber religious folks enjoy sending my way.  However, be forewarned that by choosing to send me a letter, email, blog comment, FaceBook comments, or any other message from any other means, which falls into any category, you thereby relinquish all ownership rights and responsibilities concerning your letter(s) and comments(s). I will post any and all letters, both positive and negative, that I feel require or deserve a response. If you don't want the world knowing your troubles, knowing you are a hater, or knowing you are a bigoted jackass, please refrain from sending me mail, because if you get really bitchy, I'll go right ahead and use your real name too. Thank you and have a nice day.

Oh, btw, while you are sending me your question, can I offer a bit of guidance here? LESS Wiccan related questions PLEASE! I am not Wiccan, know nothing of Wicca, and just because a bunch of local Mormons run around saying I am a Witch, and building those nasty slanderous websites full of false accusations about me, don't make me one! *sheesh* I am so sick of "but they said..." yeah, I KNOW what they said, that doesn't make it true. Sending me Wiccan/Witchcraft related questions is only going to piss me off.

You can be Wiccan all you want, I don't care. But coming to me and asking me for advice on Wicca and Witchcraft is the equivalent of going to a cake chef and asking him for advice on brick laying! You wouldn't go to chef to get masonry advice so what the heck are you going to a Christian to get Wiccan advice? Come on people, be reasonable!

You got Bible questions, thems I can answer. You got Hoodoo questions, yep, I can answer those too. But Wicca? Paganism? Witchcraft? Remember Voodoo is NOT Vodou. Voodoo and Vodou are two separate and different religions. Voodoo is a Christian religion not a Pagan one, we use a Bible, and God, and Jesus, and Saints, and Spirit Guides (lwa). just because I'm Voodoo don't mean I know shit about Wicca or Paganism  Now I understand you have questions and finding folks like myself who are willing to attempt to answer everything that comes my way are few and far between, but please attempt to use your brain and consider whether or not I am even able to offer advice or even know the answer to your questions before you send them to me? Okay? Good. Thank you.

And for the record, I'm not demon possessed, I have Autism. For more of my life I rarely spoke and was considered "too crazy" to ever live a normal life. I communicated via writing instead of vocally. I did not attend school. Psychologists said I would never drive a car, never get a job, never go to college, never function as a meaningful member of society, never be able to take care of myself or live on my own. They said there was no hope for me, I would need full-time care my whole life.

My progression was long and slow and very hard. Things other people found easy to do (getting dressed, brushing teeth/hair, walking across the street, etc,) I found extremely confusing and hard to learn. I was prone to wandering off and getting lost (I still am). Driver's ed takes most people a few weeks to learn - it took me 5 years.

I determined to prove the doctors wrong, but it was far harder to do, than most people would imagine. I got my first job working at Macy's at age 30 (a very difficult job as I had to deal one on one with customers and I still at that point was not talking in a manner that could be understood by others). I got my GED at age 34. I got my driver's license at age 35. I started college at age 36. By age 37 I had become a Phi Theta Kappa Honor Student and I was finally able to speak to others in full spoken verbal conversation for the first time in my life.

Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: Blogger, Etsy, FaceBook, Google+, Keen, MySpace, NaNoWriMo, ProBoards, Script Frenzy, Spoonflower, Squidoo, Twitter, ULC Ministers Network, Wordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!


~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow and The Church of the Holy Rhinestone

========================

Yes, ALL of that, is the signature that is tacked on to the end of every single post on my blog, so when they come boo-hooing that I'm picking on them afterwards, I can point to my blog and say, Honey, I started this blog in 2003, it has more than 6,000 posts on it, all of them warned you that if you sent me a shitty email I'd post it online complete with your name and email for all of my 7,000+ subscribed readers to see, and reply directly to your email. I don't need to know their replies to you. You don't want my fans breaking down your inbox with responses to your email to me, than honey, you should have done your research, found out just exactly who I was, and what I have a long history of doing to snooty holier than though inbox arrogant snits like yourself.

Than they start reading my blog and go "I knew you were a Mormon. I knew you were an author. I knew you wrote horror. I knew you loved vampires. I knew the Mormon church excommunicated you because you wrote a controversial book. I didn't put two and two together. I didn't know you were THAT Mormon. I didn't know you wrote THAT book. I didn't know you were THAT famous. I didn't know you had THAT many fans."

Yeah, I write under pen names, yeah I use different names on forums than I do in real life, yeah, you really should think twice before you meet a random stranger online, decide you don't like them and rain hellfire in their email, because hey, you never know, who the person you are ACTUALLY sending your hysteria to is.

Hey, you want to try to sass me, I can sass back, but you got to remember one thing: I have Autism, I have no feelings to hurt, and no shame about hurting your feelings in front of millions of people, and letting them know what kind of a person you are  are in secret which is where it really matters who you are. So don't try to pretend to be my friends in public online than be a shitty backstabber in private online, because I'll let the public know the real you.

Besides does not the Bible say, to avoid doing things in secret, because only the unrighteous do things where they can not be seen, but the righteous shall make all secret things made known to all men?

You ask how I would have handled this, well, now you know. That's what I do, that's how I handle emails like that, I do it all the time. Sometimes I wonder if people don't send me emails just to see if I really will post it on my blog! LOL!





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what it was like to live with Autism?  
--------------------
I have Autism. For more of my life I rarely spoke and was considered "too crazy" to ever live a normal life. I communicated via writing instead of vocally. I did not attend school. Psychologists said I would never drive a car, never get a job, never go to college, never function as a meaningful member of society, never be able to take care of myself or live on my own. They said there was no hope for me, I would need full-time care my whole life. 
--------------------
My progression was long and slow and very hard. Things other people found easy to do (getting dressed, brushing teeth/hair, walking across the street, etc,) I found extremely confusing and hard to learn. I was prone to wandering off and getting lost (I still am). Driver's ed takes most people a few weeks to learn - it took me 5 years. 
--------------------
I determined to prove the doctors wrong, but it was far harder to do, than most people would imagine. I got my first job working at Macy's at age 30 (a very difficult job as I had to deal one on one with customers and I still at that point was not talking in a manner that could be understood by others). I got my GED at age 34. I got my driver's license at age 35. I started college at age 36. By age 37 I had become a Phi Theta Kappa Honor Student and I was finally able to speak to others in full spoken verbal conversation for the first time in my life. 
--------------------
Now you can find out what it's like Being an Adult with Autism
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Starshine! Liked this post? Looking to connect with me online? I love social networks and am on most of them. You can find me on: BloggerEtsyFaceBookGoogle+KeenMySpaceNaNoWriMoProBoardsScript FrenzySpoonflowerSquidooTwitterULC Ministers NetworkWordpress, and Zazzle Feel free to give me a shout any  time. Many blessings to you, may all your silver clouds be lined with rhinestones and sparkle of golden sunshine. Have yourself a great and wonderful glorious day!
--------------------
~Rev. Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat of Laughing Gnome Hollow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: I welcome all email! That includes arrogant, bigoted, rude, ignorant, snide hate mail many uber religious folks enjoy sending my way.  However, be forewarned that by choosing to send me a letter, email, blog comment, FaceBook comments, or any other message from any other means, which falls into any category, you thereby relinquish all ownership rights and responsibilities concerning your letter(s) and comments(s). I will post any and all letters, both positive and negative, that I feel require or deserve a response. If you don't want the world knowing your troubles, knowing you are a hater, or knowing you are a bigoted jackass, please refrain from sending me mail, because if you get really bitchy, I'll go right ahead and use your real name too. Thank you and have a nice day.
--------------------
Oh, btw, while you are sending me your question, can I offer a bit of guidance here? LESS Wiccan related questions PLEASE! I am not Wiccan, know nothing of Wicca, and just because a bunch of local Mormons run around saying I am a Witch, and building those nasty slanderous websites full of false accusations about me, don't make me one! *sheesh* I am so sick of "but they said..." yeah, I KNOW what they said, that doesn't make it true. Sending me Wiccan/Witchcraft related questions is only going to piss me off.
--------------------
You can be Wiccan all you want, I don't care. But coming to me and asking me for advice on Wicca and Witchcraft is the equivalent of going to a cake chef and asking him for advice on brick laying! You wouldn't go to chef to get masonry advice so what the heck are you going to a Christian to get Wiccan advice? Come on people, be reasonable!
--------------------
You got Bible questions, thems I can answer. You got Hoodoo questions, yep, I can answer those too. But Wicca? Paganism? Witchcraft? Remember Voodoo is NOT Vodou. Voodoo and Vodou are two separate and different religions. Voodoo is a Christian religion not a Pagan one, we use a Bible, and God, and Jesus, and Saints, and Spirit Guides (lwa). just because I'm Voodoo don't mean I know shit about Wicca or Paganism  Now I understand you have questions and finding folks like myself who are willing to attempt to answer everything that comes my way are few and far between, but please attempt to use your brain and consider whether or not I am even able to offer advice or even know the answer to your questions before you send them to me? Okay? Good. Thank you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can now get a FREE Kindle for your PC? Be sure to download your FREE Kindle directly from Amazon today. Don't have Windows PC? No worries! Amazon is also offering 100% FREE Kindles for: AndroidWindows Phone 7MaciPhone, and BlackBerry. And don't miss out on over 1.8 million Free eBooks from Amazon's Kindle Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was written by Wendy C Allen aka EelKat, is copyrighted by The Twighlight Manor Press and was posted on Houseless Living @ http://houselessliving.blogspot.com and reposted at EK's Star Log http://eelkat.wordpress.com and parts of it may also be seen on http://www.squidoo.com/EelKat and http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com  If you are reading this from a different location than those listed above, please contact me Wendy C. Allen aka EelKat http://laughinggnomehollow.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile and let me know where it is you found this post. Plagiarism is illegal and I DO actively pursue offenders. Unless copying a Blog Meme, you do not have permission to copy anything appearing on this blog, including words, art, or photos. This will be your only warning. Thank you and have a glorious day!                             
--------------------
                                                                   ~ EelKat
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment